Why Choose the Independent Adoption Center
- We are the TRUSTED leader in open adoption since 1982. We are the largest, oldest, and most experienced open adoption agency in the country, facilitating adoptions in 49 states, and fully licensed in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, New York, North Carolina, and Texas.
- We have a professional staff of EXPERIENCED social workers. The IAC consists of professional and licensed social workers with Masters of Social Work (MSW) degrees or higher. Kathleen Silber, the IAC’s Clinical Director, is a nationally regarded expert in the field and has advocated extensively for open adoption.
- We are SUPPORTIVE throughout the entire adoption. As a nonprofit organization our main focus is on counseling and support. The IAC is committed to providing both birthparents and adoptive parents with the most comprehensive counseling support available.
- We make our fees AFFORDABLE based on income. The IAC offers fees on a sliding scale correlated to your income. The average fees range from $13,000–$19,000. There is also a Federal Tax Adoption Credit that can reduce your adoption costs to as little as $4,000–$6,000.
- WE HAVE NO EXCLUSIONARY POLICIES. The IAC offers birthparents the right to choose a family for their child. The IAC has no racial/ethnic, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression restrictions for prospective adoptive parents. Visit our FAQ section if you are unsure if you can adopt through the IAC.