IAC in the News
Celebrating over 30 years of open adoption, IAC continues to proudly provide the media with the latest and best information on open adoption and the benefits it provides to all parties involved.
For media inquiries please contact Ryan Schwab at 925-827-2229 x 119.
2014 Media Highlights include:
- In January IAC family Ben & Eric appeared on Indianapolis' WTHR to advocate against HJR-3, and anti-equality bill aimed at limiting the rights of LGBTQ citizens. Then in April, IAC family Jason & Justin were on Lincoln's KLKN to advocate for equal rights in Nebraska!
- The Guncles gave a shout-out to IAC in an interview in April, where they were discussing the Fertility Planit panel they would share with IAC's Dr. Guylaine Hubbard-Brosmer.
- In June, IAC family Chris and Thom shared their adoption story with San Diego's LGBT Weekly publication.
- In November, Dr. Jennifer Bliss was a guest on the Creating a Family Radio show, where she discussed the topic of talking to children about their birthparents.
- IAC and our adoption information or statistics were also quoted here, here, and here.
2013 Media Highlights include:
- In May, South Korean cable YUGA TV conducted an interview with Dr. Jennifer Bliss about the benefits of open adoption, in response to the Korean government passing new open adoption legislation the previous Fall.
- Also in May, IAC Branch Director Michelle Keyes attended the signing ceremony for Georgia's HB 21, a new law making open adoption agreements legally enforceable. Mrs. Keyes was invited after playing an instrumental role in helping to get the bill passed by the Georgia legislature.
- Dr. Jennifer Bliss and IAC families were featured on Hallmark's Home & Family television show on the June 14th, 2013 show discussing open adoption.
- In December we published True Stories of Open Adoption, Volume 1, a collection of first-hand accounts of the adoption experience. The book features twelve family stories, each recounting their experience with adoption through IAC.
2012 Media Highlights include:
- In Feburary 2012, we released our new Families of Open Adoption video, highlighting the stories of birthparents, adoptive parents, and adoptees. We also unveiled our brand new website built on drupal, featuring expanded family profiles and tons of new information about open adoption.
- In May an interview with IAC's marketing co-directors was published in the Pleasant Hill Patch. The story went on to become one of PH Patch's top 5 most popular articles of 2012.
- In July IAC's Kathleen Silber was quoted in the Salt Lake City Tribunes article about open adoption agreements.
- Logo's The Baby Wait premiered in November 2012, featuring IAC family Mark Krieger and Paul Siebold.
- In December, two IAC families were featured in news stories around the country: A couple in Los Angeles on Southern California Public Radio and the Pinchot/Swogger family in the Sharon Herald.
2011 Media Highlights include:
- In March 2011, David Perry, host of Comcast's 10 Percent interviews IAC Executive Director, Ann Wrixon. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Fzofo4eX8
- In November 2011, Barbara Rodgers interviewed IAC Executive Director, Ann Wrixon. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4f38eqhZ9Y&list=UUfyWuA7xHRmKr1d-3jMHhrg
2010 Media Highlights include:
- On June 16th our Los Angeles branch co-director, Guylaine Hubbard-Brosmer, was a guest on the Creating a Family radio show where she discussed how adoptive parents can prepare an online profile.
- KCLU National Public Radio: Dr. Goldsmith interviews IAC LA's Co-Branch Director and Open Adoption Counselor, Dr. Jennifer Bliss, PsyD, MSW, LCSW
Listen to: Segment 1 | Segment 2 | Segment 3
- Wetv's "Adoption Diaries" wins Gracie Award - "Adoption Diaries" is a hit reality series featuring IAC counselor Jennifer Bliss, PsyD, MSW, LCSW as she guides young women through the placement of their children in IAC open adoptions. Released in Fall 2009, Adoption Diaries wins a Gracie in Winter 2010. The Gracie is an award given by American Women in Radio & Television. Congratulations Jennifer!
- Austin based radio station interviews Executive Director Ann Wrixon on Gay and Lesbian Adoption.
- Public Service Announcement for Univision Radio
2009 Media Highlights include:
- CNN covers September 2009 release of Adoption Diaries, the reality series on WE tv which features IAC staff and clients. Take a sneak peek of the show by hearing explanation from Jennifer Bliss PsyD, MSW, LCSW and interviews with some of the shows "actors."
- Women's Entertainment Television (WE tv) partners with IAC to film a reality series on open adoption. The series follows Los Angeles Co-Branch Director and Open Adoption Counselor Jennifer Bliss PsyD, MSW, LCSW, as she works with birth and adoptive families to create successful open adoptions. Stay updated on air times, read blogs, reviews & much more.
- IAC Counselor Sarah Musich will be featured on Oxygen Network's reality TV show, Tori and Dean. Sarah walks Tori Spelling's friends Bill and Scout through the adoption process in their first meeting.
- IAC Letter Featured in USA TODAY - June 2009 Executive Director Ann Wrixon comments on the growing national awareness of open adoption practices.