Can I adopt a child if I am single and not a US citizen or permanent resident? I do have a Visa in the state of Texas.

Yes, you may adopt a child if you are single and not a U.S. Citizen in the state of Texas. You would need to remain in Texas until the adoption was finalized. There is no requirement that you must be married or a citizen to adopt in Texas.

You would still go through the normal adoption process including getting a homestudy done from a licensed adoption agency, like the IAC.