I have custody of my 11 year old niece while in the process of adoption. Can I move to another town?

Yes, you can move to another town as long as it is in the same state. In addition, you must notify the state or the adoption agency you are working with so they can update your home study.

Please do not move until you tell the state or adoption agency your plans as some states require an inspection before you move while others require it after you move.