My wife and I are French and are living in France (Paris). We already have a 8 years old daughter and wish to adopt a baby abroad. Is it possible to adopt a Californian kid if we live abroad and are not American?

Yes, it is possible for non-Americans to adopt a California child, but you would need to be living in the United States until the adoption finalized to work with the IAC. Most non-Americans who adopt in California are in the country on long-term work visas or have green cards.

If you are living abroad, you would need to work with an international adoption agency in the United States that is Hague certified. To find a list of these agencies go to: