Can a non-citizen birth parent release her child for adoption in the State of Indiana?

Yes, a non-U.S. Citizen may place their child for adoption in Indiana, as long as the child was born in the the United States and there is a birth certificate that proves this.

A child born in the United States is a citizen by law, and so the citizenship or immigration status of the parents don't apply under adoption law.

A child born in another country may not be placed for adoption in Indiana as this would violate the Hague Convention on Child Trafficking. The adoption must follow the rules for an international adoption.