I have a friend who wants me and my husband to adopt her baby when its born. I was wondering what is the process that me and him can go through. Anything would help.

If your friend decides to make an adoption plan and wants to place the child with you, it may be possible for you to adopt the baby. The birthfather would also need to agree to the adoption. You would need to pass a home study completed by a social worker to determine that your home is a safe physical and emotional space for a child. The home study would also need to determine that you had the financial resources to support yourself, and the child. Most agencies can provide this service.

The home study would cost between $1,500 and $4,500 depending on the state where you live. You would also need to work with an adoption agency or attorney to terminate the rights of the birthparents and finalize the adoption.