I would like to know the pros and cons of an open adoption but I want to focus more upon the pros.
The pros of open adoption are numerous including:
1. Medical information for the child
2. Information about the child's ethnic and racial background.
3. Birthparents have peace of mind being able to see and know their child is healthy and happy.
4. Research also shows that the more open the adoption the better adoptive parents feel about the adoption.
5. Preliminary research shows that adolescents in open adoptions have fewer adjustment problems than adolescents in closed adoptions.
There is no research showing any negative effects of voluntary open infant adoption. All of the research shows it is positive or benign.